Most of the instructions I found for this was the same video with dubbed English. This came together super quickly and tasted great. It reminded me of hummus, which is not surprising seeing as how it's chickpeas with cumin and turmeric. I usually don't use much if any salt, but these did need some. I'm not quite sure how much I put on, but probably around a teaspoon. Use more or less depending upon your tastes.
- 38 oz chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 t cumin (optional)
- 1 t turmeric (optional)
- 2 T garlic
- salt, to taste
- In a small saucepan, saute the garlic, cumin and turmeric in the oil for about 5-10 minutes
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Put a paper towel down on a cookie sheet and dump the chickpeas onto the sheet. Put another sheet over the top and rub dry.
- Remove the paper towel and toss the chickpeas in the olive oil
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until the chickpeas look nice and browned. During this time I stired a couple times to help them get evenly browned. Be careful though, the oil can spit!
- Season with a little salt, if desired.