|This is mine!|
- 1 lb dried white beans
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup butter
- 2 T chopped mint (optional)
- 2 T Chopped parsley (optional)
- 4 T tomato paste
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock (or broth)
- Some olive oil
- If using dried beans,soak them overnight. Reserve 6 T of the soaking water.
- Saute onion in olive oil for 15 minutes. Add the bell pepper and carrot and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, 3 T bean water and parsley and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Stir the butter until it melts then add the vegetable stock slowly.
- Add in the beans and vegetable stock and enough water to cover the beans (if needed)
- Add chopped mint, cover and cook for about 4 hours over low heat. Check every so often to make sure that the beans are still covered in liquid. Add water if needed.
- Serve hot with bread.