Gharsi Khorovats with Lamb
- 1 leg of lamb or 6 bone in lamb or pork chops
- 1 T orgeano
- 1 T rosemary
- 2 T minced garlic
- Zest and juice of 2 large oranges
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate syurp
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Puree the oregano, rosemary, garlic, zest/juice of orange, yogurt and olive oil and put in ziplock bag with lamb. Let set for 24 hours
- Remove the roast and brush with the pomegranate marinade (pomegranate syurp/mulddled with mint leaves).
- Using a hot pan, sear the lamb on each side for about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Put in oven covered with tin foil. Roast 30 minutes per pound or until lamb reaches 130F. Make sure to let the lamb rest about a half hour before cutting.
- Slice thinly and serve with lavash bread and eech