This was awesome with the Noni Afgani but would be good with chips or anything. I made it early in the day and was prepared when my guest arrived. It does need to set for awhile so take that into account when preparing
I will definitely make this again.
Total time: 2 hours
Active time: 30 to 40 minutes (divided within the 2 hours)
- 1 1/2 cups full fat Greek yogurt
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 2 T minced garlic
- Drain the yogurt by placing in a cheese cloth or coffee filter over a colander for 1 hour. Meanwhile, continue with the next steps
- Saute onion and garlic until the onion is browned, about 10 minutes
- Rinse and chop the spinach.
- Saute until spinach is wilted. Immediately remove from the heat
- Let the spinach mixture cool in the fridge. Once cool, combine with the yogurt and let set in the fridge at least a half hour before serving with Noni Afgani or pita chips.