Bread, Albanian Style
- 4 cups water
- 2 T dry yeast
- 2 t sugar
- 2 T salt
- 3 T oil
- 9 cups flour, maybe more
- Put the yeast in warm water and let sit for about five minutes.
- Add in the sugar, salt and oil and mix well with a spoon then let sit another couple of minutes.
- Add four cups of flour and mix in well then start adding a cup at a time, mixing well.
- Kneed it! This activates the gluten. Get it into a nice ball. Then let it rise for about 90 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Oil two 8 inch circle baking pans or one big cookie sheet.
- Make into 16 to 18 balls and put into the pan(s). Let this rise at least a half hour.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
Serve as it is, with butter or with a stew.