Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Antigua & Barbuda - Menu and Overview


We actually cooked this meal back in March.  It was a ton of fun to bring a bit of the Islands to Chicago. 

This was one of my favorites.  It's always nice to have a signature cocktail at a dinner party and the Paloma did not disappoint.  Actually, none of the food did.  Even the two kids in attendance (Zander and my friend's three year old) really enjoyed the offerings.

I don't know why I never seem to take pictures of the people we invited over for the meals.  I'm a few behind at the time of typing this, but going forward, I'll get more people pictures.  Which means in a few more meals I'll have people.  The picture to the side shows the food half plated.  We let people top their fish and bean cakes to their liking. The picture below shows my plate just after I set it up.


Menu

Bajan Bakes
Black Bean Cakes
Palmoa Cocktail
Mango Avo Salad

Overview

Bajan Bakes
These Johnny Cakes were awesome.  I love cinnamon and while I'm not usually a fan of almond, it went really well in this little fried biscuit.

Black Bean Cakes
I often have leftover black beans after taco nights and I'm for sure going to be using this to revive the leftovers.  The toppings were really tasty and went really well with the beans, but maybe a bit more work than they were worth.

Palmoa Cocktail
I'm a sucker for tequilla.  Throw in some grapefruit soda, which I'm also a sucker for and we've got a winner.

Mango Avo Salad
Mangos and Avocado.  You can't go wrong.





No comments:

Post a Comment