This reminds me of an Andorran cassoulet. It was perfect for a cold February day.
Chorizo and White Bean Stew
- 2 jars white beans
- 1 jar tomato
- 1 T tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 T garlic
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 Spanish chorizo links, coined
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 t cayenne
- 1 t thyme
- 1 t oregano
- Saute the onions in the butter for about 10 minutes
- Add the garlic and saute another minute
- Add the chorizo and cook about 3 minutes per side.
- Mix in the herbs and wine. Let simmer for 3 minutes to reduce.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the beans and add them with the spinach.
- Simmer 10 minutes.