- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 T baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 12 oz creamed-style-corn
- 4 oz crushed pineapple
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, baking soda, salt) and set aside
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture and beat well after each addition. If it looks "curdled", that's not a problem.
- Add the corn, pinapple and cheese to the butter mixture.
- Then slowly add the dry ingredients, a 1/4 cup at a time.
- Pour into a 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm.