Anguillans are all about barbecue on the weekend. Chicken and fish are two very commonly barbecued items. But it's only 12 degrees Fahrenheit here in Chicago today so we pan seared instead. The recipe that I found called for orange juice and orange marmalade. It was a great excuse to use up the rest of the marmalade from Algeria week.
The orange was a great flavor on the fish. I never would have thought to do this.
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T mince garlic
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 t dijon sauce
- 1 t tarragon
- 2 T scotch bonnet hot sauce
- 2 thick fish steaks (We used tuna)
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil for 3 minutes. Add the taragon and saute another couple minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the marmalade, orange juice, dijon and hot sauce and simmer about 10 minutes until reduced.
- Brush the sauce over the steaks. It would be better to grill them, but it's super cold in Chicago so we pan seared them for 4 minutes each side.