Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Argentina - Menu and Overview

Argentina is pretty synonyms with meat in my mind.  It's also synonyms with empanadas.  And since dumplings and meats are my favorites, this meal was a pretty quick win.  Unfortunately, we don't have a grill.  It does almost feel sacrilegious to cook Argentinian food in an oven, but it turned out awesome.

We had some friends over in our tiny apartment.  I did manage to take a picture of my friends, but not of the whole meal.  I'll figure this out eventually.


Menu:
Empanadas
Steak
Potatoes
Chimichuri

Review:
Empanadas
These were a pain to make, but they were great.  I made a ton so that I would have a lot of leftovers.  I made both beef and corn.  I'm not sure which I liked better.  They were both awesome.

Steak
Quality steaks will make or break this recipe.

Potatoes
Reminiscent of Michigan Potatoes.

Chimichuri
Wonderful herby topping to the steak and great dipping sauce for empanadas.

No comments:

Post a Comment